Monday, July 15, 2013

3rd Trimester

The 3rd trimester has had it's ups and downs. It is crazy to me we are getting so close to her due date. I feel so excited and ready yet nervous of what is to come.

Here are some of the highs from the 3rd trimester:
- We got to do a 3D ultrasound at 30 weeks! Our baby however was not interested in cooperating so we did not get very good pictures. They said she was stubborn and I do not know where she gets that from :-) I was really bummed but our doctor surprised us and was nice enough to let us do another 3D ultrasound at 32 weeks! It was so cool we got to do it twice and get more pictures of our baby and see her again.
-I do not get as many leg cramps anymore! Granted I still get them, but not every single night like I did.
- Having a baby shower thrown by my sister with family down in Utah. I got to see my aunts and cousins before she comes.
-Having a baby shower thrown here by the women in my ward. Everyone was so generous and we really realized how blessed our little family is!
-Feeling this little baby move all the time and having that connection with her.

Lows:
- Taking the nasty gestational diabetes test. It was gross and I had to do it twice (long story) but I passed and she is healthy so all is well. 
-Went to a birthing class and watched some incredibly disturbing natural birthing videos. That was enough to freak me out about delivering this baby! 
- At 32 weeks I started to get horrible back spasms and lower back pain and it hasn't really stopped. It is miserable and probably does not help that I have had back problems in the past from when I played sports. Remind me why I then chose a career that is notorious for people having back problems again? Oh well, I can tough it out.
-We got a hot spell in the 100's the last bit of June and early July and we don't have air conditioning at our home. Luckily at work we do, but the days I have off I have had to get creative on ways to keep cool.
-She is so big that she is constantly kicking my ribs and it does not feel great.
-I now have heartburn a lot.

To be honest I have been feeling really good and have not had any problems at all. The worst symptom I had like I explained were the back pains I started having at 32 weeks but that was it. The heartburn and kicking of ribs hasn't been until recent, about 35 weeks or so. We just continue to pray that this pregnancy will continue to be healthy and that this baby will have a safe delivery. As cliche as it sounds, that is all we want, a healthy little baby!










2 comments:

Statsmom said...

You look great Afton! Glad to hear things are going well. Hope they continue to do so for the delivery, etc. Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Katie said...

You are adorable! Can't wait to see this baby girl!