Tuesday, May 21, 2013

2nd Trimester

The 2nd trimester was not bad. Here are some highs from the 2nd trimester:
-I had so much more energy!
-I felt the baby first move at 16 weeks.
-Finding out we are having a girl at 20 weeks! (I will go into detail more on that)
-Brett felt her kick at 22 weeks.

The only lows from the 2nd trimester have been leg cramps, and they are awful. They started in the middle of the night when I was 23 weeks, and they have been off and on sporadic since. I get them usually in the middle of the night in my calves and arch of the foot. They usually wake me up and are miserable but fortunately it is not every night so that is nice.





20 weeks for me was the most exciting time. We got our first ultrasound of our sweet baby and it was so amazing to see her. We were convinced it was a boy given that Brett's family is all boys, and his dad side is all boys. Also between my cousin's who have had mainly boys and the fact that I wasn't feeling sick, I was pretty much convinced (and had everyone around me convinced as well) that it was a boy. The ultrasound tech asked us if we wanted to know, and of course we couldn't wait.  I kept thinking I would want to do a fun party to reveal the gender, or a fun activity, but when it came down to it, I just wanted to know! When he told us it was a girl and he was pretty sure of it (he told us we could paint the room pink and he thought we would be just fine), Brett immediately said, "My mom is going to be so excited!"

When we first saw our baby I can't describe how much love I felt for her and how I just wanted her to be healthy and safe. I also felt myself feeling more and more protective of this sweet little spirit, just wanting to make sure that she was provided for that she knew how much I loved her. It just made everything more real that this little person will be apart of our family soon.








Thanks to everyone for your kind comments and to anyone who has provided advice for us newbies in the parent world. I still feel like we have so much to do before she gets here, and the countdown is definitely on! I am now 28 weeks and in the third trimester. Hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly.

3 comments:

Anna said...

You are so adorable! I'm glad you haven't been sick, that is the worst!

I thought Rachel was a boy and thought Wesley was a girl. I have no intuition when it comes to baby gender.

I had those leg cramps with Rachel. They say if you stretch your calves before bed, that will help. Every time I tried to stretch, it started cramping. ha! So I just learned to keep my legs really still all night. You'll find something that works for you.

I love your gold and black skirt. I saw that in the Down East Basics catalog, didn't I? LOVE IT.

AB said...

I guess I don't have any intuition either! haha I know what you mean about stretching though, I feel like if I do stretch it just makes it worse. Also my skirt is from Down East! I got it when they were doing a big sale and the skirt never got marked down so no one knew it was on sale. When I asked about it, it only rang up for $9 so I was super excited!

Katie said...

You're so cute and I don't think you've repeated any outfits...that's amazing. By 20 weeks I only had a few skirts to wear because my butt gets so big:). Can't wait to see this baby girl!!!!