Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Beginning of December

Here a few pictures of our Christmas decorations this year. All of these photos will be from my phone so I apologize if the quality isn't amazing. But I like posting these so I can reference it the next year when putting stuff up. 





This year Brett and I were asked to throw the Ward Christmas Party with two other couples. We only had a few weeks of planning and a very small budget, but overall I think it turned out nice. Here are some pictures I took of the set up- once the party started I was way too busy to snap any pictures. 
(I found out after this how to take a panoramic photo on my phone- that would have been nice to have shown the gym a little better, oops!)
Given our limited budget we only spent $10 on our decorations. I thought with the budget we had that we did pretty awesome. Home Depot was nice enough to collect a huge box of their throw away branches from their trees so we could use them as greenery. We clipped them down and used them as center pieces, and it also made everything smell really good!
Our neighbor cut down birch branches and drilled them for tea lights. They looked great! Then we used Brett's parents red linens to tie everything together.




This was in the dessert buffet line.

We had a separate room for when Santa came and it worked out really well. Santa made his appearance, all the kids were able to ask what they wanted, and it made it easy to direct them in and out of a room instead of everyone chasing Santa trying to tell him what they want. Brett's parents had these old shabby doors from their wedding business that we decorated with lights and trees. It blocked off the room well and made a great little area for Santa. 

I was able to snap one picture of one of the little sunbeams from my old class asking Santa what she wanted for Christmas!
We were so happy when this party was done because it was a lot of work. Hopefully we never get asked to do this again.....

1 comment:

B said...

Seriously, I think it is so weird that they don't have a committee anymore. You guys did a good job, though!