Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Because I am Crazy...

I have already put up my Halloween decorations. A little excited maybe? A little weird maybe? Either way I am looking forward to the upcoming holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas... bring them on! Well except hold the snow, I am not quite ready for that yet.
I finally got the skeleton server hands I had been eyeing and I love them. You can barely see them on the table. Lucy is scared to death of them. She jumps when she sees them and avoids them at all costs. Not the most brave dog!

Some girls in my ward got together for a craft afternoon and I made this wreath. It was super easy and fun! 

My ghetto witch legs and hat. They are little girl tights I bought last year when Halloween merchandise was 75% off. 

 The blocks were another project I made on our craft afternoon. Mine aren't quite done yet- Brett needs to drill in Frankenstein's bolts still and I am adding a stem and raffia to the pumpkin. 


 In other news I am doing another project. Just to add to my list of  projects (still working on the glider and making a little progress now that I found fabric for it). Our neighborhood had a yard sale this summer and one of our neighbors does woodwork and was selling a few of his tools.  I picked up this super sweet Bosch Orbital Sander for $15 and it works like a dream. Seriously I fell in love with it the first time I used it, see the difference?
Hopefully I will finish one of my ambitious projects soon. Otherwise we will end up with a half sanded and half painted bed for a very long time. (Don't feel bad for Brett too much...it's our guest room bed frame I am painting.)

2 comments:

Jean said...

I love it all!!! You're amazing. I wish we lived closer together!

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

Cute Halloween decorations! I love the wreath! I recently did a craft with Lana and she has a sander and I'll tell you what, it takes crafting to a whole new level. That little tool is a dream. Lucky you for finding one for $5!